Yesterday we went to Egin Lakes for our ward closing social. I've never been there before and neither had Brittany so it was perfect since it's her last semester. Basically, you drive out into the middle of nowhere for half and hour until you stumble upon these sand dunes with a rather large, shallow lake. Now, I'm not really sure who decided it was a good idea to go swim in warm, standing water, but it's quite popular here. You even have to pay to get in!
Well the ward fed us dinner (fried chicken, potato salad, baked beans, watermelon and root beer floats) and we just chilled on the "beach". They set up volleyball in the water near the end but none of us played. They had people playing that could actually play volleyball and that was way too competitive for us :P But we enjoyed making sandcastles and walking through the water. I think I may have even gotten some sun!
| Tenile made a sand hat... |
No comments:
Post a Comment