1) Last Saturday I went to the gym and ran four miles. It took me 40 minutes but I did it and I felt good about myself. When Monday rolled around I guess I was still on a runners high so I decided to do another four miles...and loved every minute. Tuesday I was planning on doing just two miles but I passed the two mile mark and the three and did another four. Well, now I'm feeling pretty good about myself. I've done 12 miles in four days (although I didn't run on Sunday). I start doing some math in my head and figure out that if I do four miles every day this week I can do 24 miles in a week! That's almost a marathon. What a blog post that would be! Well my workout goals never go according to plan. Of course, I hurt my foot somehow and can't run today. But I did do 16 miles in four running days which is still more than I've ever done. I just wish my body would cooperate with me and let me run as long and as far as I want...
2) On Tuesday and Thursday I usually go to the gym with Jamie in the morning. After we do some type of cardio exercise we do weight machines and then sometimes an ab workout. Well last Tuesday we got our weights, walked to the mats and then started observing those around us. Have you ever seen the girls that go to the gym and never seem to really do anything? They grab a weight and do one thing and then change their mind and do something else and then give up and walk around for a bit before picking the weight up again. Or they get on a machine for a few minutes...but never long enough to actually break a sweat. It's like they go so they can say they go to the gym. Their loss I guess. After discussing this among other things, for about 10 minutes, we decided we would skip abs for the day and just head home. So we picked our weights up and walked them back to the rack...without ever doing anything with them. I laughed at the hypocrisy of the entire situation.
3) Yesterday I saw a girl at the gym wearing rain boots. Not only was she wearing rain boots, she had tall argyle socks on under them. Not only was she wearing rain boots with argyle socks, she had black lacy tights under her argyle socks. And of course, it wouldn't be honor code appropriate unless she had on the gray shirt and blue gym shorts. Seriously. Someone wanted to stand out at the gym.
No comments:
Post a Comment