About Anne (of the Green Gables variety), Mark Twain said "[she is] the most delightful child of fiction since the immortal Alice." Well ladies and gentlemen, we are about to see if it's true. My 14 year old sister, Meredith, just landed the lead role of "Anne" in the community theater's production of Anne of Green Gables. Four years ago, I was privileged to play "Alice" in Alice in Wonderland at the same theater. It was a daunting task as I had multiple pages of monologue, 2 poems, a short song and over 300 lines to memorize. I'm not saying that my character is better than hers, but maybe I am. I actually can't say anything because I've never read the "Anne" series and have no idea what it's actually about. I'll be home on break during the run of the show so I guess I'll pass my judgment then.
 |
| It's Alice with Alice! -- Magic Kingdom, Winter 2008 |
 |
| (Insert famous Cheshire Cat line here) |
 |
| "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards" |
 |
| "I haven't the slightest idea!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment