Today I had an awesome opportunity to represent the university at a small luncheon. There were five students in attendance. We met with one of the vice-presidents and multiple representatives from BAIN consulting and The University of South Texas at Dallas. The University is fairly new and is working with BAIN on new innovations in education. They came to BYU-Idaho to learn how we operate because there are so many things that we do different from other universities. I'm sad the meeting was only 45 minutes because I don't feel like I really got to say as much as I would have liked. A lot of the questions they had were in areas the other students were more qualified to answer (the sports program and online learning). I did get to make a few comments that I hope were helpful though. How they got my name from the 15,000 students here, I have no idea. I'm glad they did and I even got free lunch for it too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment