Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy 100!!!

Well, actually it's 101.  This is my 101st blog post!!  
(after careful review I discovered this is not the 101st blog I posted but is the 89th...I have written some that I never published on here and those were being counted as well.  I did not discover this until after this post was written.  Please forgive me for lying and continue reading.)

Now I feel like I need to say something profound....

"There is no growth in your comfort zone and no comfort in your growth zone"

I'm not sure who originally said this but it was said in devotional a few months ago and I had forgotten about it until just recently.  This is one of those quotes that I love, but I hate.  I love it because it's TRUE and I hate it because it's TRUE.

I do quite enjoy my comfort zone.  I've lived in the same apartment for a year and a half with the same girls for almost a year of that.  I have my ward (although I just got a new bishop a week ago...).  I have my classes, my job, my friends, my family.  Life hasn't changed a whole lot in the past year.  I can see where I've grown because I was pushed out of my comfort zone (last fall with starting my job AND being RS President), and I see where I've gotten too comfortable and become lazy.

Fact:  I don't like that I've become lazy.
Fact: I should be doing homework instead of blogging right now.
Fact: I'm counting this as my journal writing today so I don't feel as bad.
Fact: My lowest grade is a 95.5% right now so I haven't been too lazy.

So goals for the coming months include getting out of my comfort zone and not having regrets.  

Life is going so well and I couldn't be much happier.  I have my moments but they are few and far between.  Besides the regular college stressors (that's a word, right?) I'm fairly stress free!  I have been so blessed to have an adorable apartment, excellent and caring roommates, a family that supports me in whatever I decide to do, and a pomegranate for dinner.



  
PS- I have no idea why my font size is huge and I can't get it to go back to normal...

No comments:

Post a Comment