No, this is talking about the gift I made for Whitney. A gift from a bridesmaid to a bride. It's a pretty special gift because she's pretty special :)
This gift was actually in the making starting February 14, 2011. That's right, Valentine's Day. Also the day Whitney met Jared. She sent me a text saying "I met him" and another "Jared Buckley. He's it." First day she met him and she knew she would marry him! They did not start dating right away but I locked the texts in my phone anyways. They've stayed there for nine months now and I finally put them to good use.
I made her a mini album with texts and facebook messages she sent me regarding Jared, dating, engagements and marriage. It's their love story through technology! I hope she appreciates it as much as I love it. I wanted to give them something that would last forever and something they could show their kids one day. Who wouldn't want to see messages their mom sent her best friend about wanting to hold their dad's hand before they started dating?! I know I probably embarrassed Whitney some by letting Jared see those messages but they're married now so it's all fair game ;)
For the front and back sides I covered square pieces of cardboard with fabric. To hold it all together I attached velcro to thick lace and then covered the end with a cute flower.
| The album from the outside. |
The inside is made like an accordion so once you get to the end, you can turn the book over and there's more of the story on the back of the pages. This one was about 22 total pages (I think...)
| I used three pieces of thread to weave the top border. |
Here are a few pages from the inside.
| The title is kind of a joke between Whitney, Alexis and I |
| First texts about Jared on left |
| The text she sent when she got engaged and the ring picture sent the next morning. |
I didn't take pictures of every page but you get the idea. I left the last page blank for when they got married. After they came out of the temple I took a picture of them on my phone then I zipped over to Walgreens, had it printed and finished their book at the reception.
I had an excellent time making this for them and using it as an excuse to procrastinate homework! I did warn my other roommates not to all expect a cute wedding present from me because I can't be this creative all the time.
Oh I LOVE this!!! What an awesome wedding present! It makes me want to read it! ;) I'm sure Whitney will cherish this forever!
ReplyDelete