Isn't making someone happy just a lovely thing!? Today I was walking to Broulims (local grocery store) when I came across a purple phone in the grass right next to the sidewalk. I picked it up and decided I'd call someone to figure out whose it was once I got to the store and the wind wasn't blowing me across the parking lot. Well I had only gotten across the street when someone called the phone...so I answered. I said "Hello, I just picked this phone up from off the sidewalk." Lovely greeting, wouldn't you say? I heard the wind blowing from her side of the conversation so I turned around and then saw a girl across the street talking in a phone. I then asked her if she was wearing a purple coat and proceeded to wave at her so she knew where I was. It took some time to cross the street because of cars and stoplights and all those things that keep pedestrians safe but I finally got her phone to her. She was so excited!!! And I was excited because I "did my good turn daily." The only thing that could have made this story cooler was if she had been a millionaire that wanted to give me a huge reward and not a college student that was just lucky she lived in a town with good people such as myself :)
Life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment