Friday, October 26, 2012

Random Ramblings

There's been so much on my mind lately and as I mentioned in the last post, I've been meaning to get it all down and just haven't had the time/ resources/ time/ time/ time.  Yesterday I was on campus from 8:00am until 11:15pm except for about an hour.  Sick.  The crazy thing is that it's not even that big of a deal.  I don't even think about it some days.  I just go and go and go and go.  Yesterday I had class, work, homework, a work meeting, lab, homework, a forum, more homework and then a workout...that was a lot of "work" words....  Thankfully, I really enjoy all my classes this semester!  So even though there is a lot of work, it's enjoyable and I fell like I'm actually learning something useful, not just doing busywork (there's that work word again!)

So here's a few things I've been thinking about during the last month:

***Internship*** I need one.  Like really.  You have to do an internship in order to graduate.  I can't decide if I want to do mine in January while taking online classes, have a full schedule spring semester and then just be done with school in July OR spread out my last few classes more evenly over two semesters, take a fun class or two and then do my internship in the fall.  Both are good options, which is better?

***Mission***  Well, everyone is doing it, right?!  I had the opportunity to actually be in the session of conference that President Monson made his big announcement.  The old lady sitting in front of us gasped so loud, I may have chuckled to myself.  So many people have asked me "Sooooooo....are you going to go now?!"  I hate to break it to you all, but I turned 21 in August so this new information doesn't quite apply to me.  Had I been 19 when they announced it, I would have gone in a heartbeat.  But now is now and it's not two years ago.  And now I'm not sure if it's what I'm supposed to do right now.

***Whitney and Alexis***  Oh I miss you both so much!!!!!  I can't even describe how many days I've just sat wishing I had you both back living with me for another semester.  But, alas, I know you've moved on to the real world and someday I'll be there too :)

***Work***  Work again, really?!  Still loving my job!  But I might have the opportunity to work somewhere else in the winter if I decide to stay in Rexburg.  Why would I ever leave Admissions?  Well, it's a job much more applicable to my major and would be great experience to put on a resume.  Sadly, I just don't know if I can part with Admissions.  I was planning on being there until the end of time...at least my time in Rexburg.

***Boys***  WHERE ARE YOU?

***Exercise*** (I almost put working out and then decided against it)  Why is exercise so addicting?  It just makes you feel SO GOOD.  Last week I ran a mile in 7:40.  Two days ago I ran four miles (not at a 7:40 pace haha) and tonight I am going to do a midnight 5k with a friend.  I just want to go to the gym everyday and some days it is way too hard to find the time.

***Time Management***  Sometimes I'm really good at this.  Other times, like right now, I'm not.  I don't work until 11:00 today so I should have been at the library all morning studying for my two tests this weekend and completing some pretty major assignments/ projects.  Instead, I did my hair, sent some emails and now I'm blogging.

***Christmas Music***  I will admit, when we woke up to five inches of snow yesterday, I put on the Elf Soundtrack to get ready to.  It felt good.  And I'm usually such a stickler on no Christmas anything until after Thanksgiving.....

***My life is so great***  Even though I complain and sometimes it sounds like I'm totally helpless and lost, I'm really not doing too bad.  I'm on track to graduate with a Bachelor's degree before I'm 22.  I have the world at my fingertips.  I went to Peru and made it back alive.  I have great friends, even though some are hundreds of miles away.  It's going to be okay.  And I promise to start blogging again.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you so much!!!!!! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry I just looked at this now... I have been busy (mission prep is hard work!) But that doesn't mean I can't find time to read all your cute posts! I wish I would have read it before I talked to you on Sunday. Abby, now is your time to make so many decisions but you can make your own path just as bright as anyone else's! You're amazing!!! Heavenly Father loves you so much and knows what you need. Just take one day at a time, have faith, and just listen... you'll hear what He has for you to do! I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete