Monday, February 21, 2011

Working out is fun?!?

Biked 14 miles.  Ran 2.

Yup.  That's what I did today at the gym.  I've actually come to enjoy going to work out every day.  On Saturday I biked 10, ran 3, and lifted weights for a bit (well, did weight machines....).  The school has a "Lazyman Ironman Triathlon" going on right now where you have to run 26 miles, bike 112, and swim 2.7 during the month of February.  I'm not exactly a swimmer but I decided to tackle the running and biking.  As of the 21st I have run 24 and biked 78.  For a while I gave up on the biking because I find it rather boring but I've decided that I should finish what I started.

Lauren introduced me to these science-y podcasts called RadioLab and they're very informative.  I've decided that I can bike and run longer if I listen to them instead of music.  Once I've listened to all of them I'm going to start listening to books.  That way I'm actually learning while working out!  I'm a genius sometimes.

I CAN TOUCH MY TOES (without bending my knees)!!!!

It's amazing how much more flexible I've become since I stretch after every workout.  Doctors have been telling me for years that I need to have a daily stretching routine so that I can be more flexible since I'm pretty pathetic in that area.  Now I know why.  Doctors are kind of smart I guess....

I almost forgot I GOT NEW RUNNING SHOES.  I had Asics GT-2140s (got them two Thanksgivings ago) and since I like them I decided to just get the newest version of them, the GT-2160s.  It was so much easier at the shoe store because I already knew that I liked them so I tried a pair on for a quick test and then after calling my dad to check Amazon for any cheaper ones I bought them.  I was in the store 10 minutes.  It was beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment