Since this is my blog I decided I can take up the whole good news minute with my good news. And if I want, I can take more than a minute and make it the Good News Two Minutes :) I guess the length will depend on how fast or slow you read......
*deep breath* Here goes.
-- I got a 98% on my first Anatomy and Physiology lecture exam and then he dropped two questions which bumped it to a 101%
-- I got a 103% on the A&P lab exam. SCORE!
-- I love my job. I give prospective students tours of campus and answer a lot of telephones but every day is different as there seems to be an endless amount of things people can do to screw up the admissions application for the school.
-- I was called to be the Relief Society President in my student ward on campus. We have THREE RS this semester instead of the usual two. I'm still figuring out what the heck I'm supposed to do but hopefully it comes quickly.
-- My roommates continue to be amazing.
-- Whitney is still my friend even after me spending a week with her at her home AND living in the same room for almost a month now. It amazing me how long we can laugh at absolutely nothing.
-- Tonight I went on a run for the first time in over a month and it felt AHHHHmazing
-- I am going on a blind date next weekend.
-- I am not baking as much this semester which in turn means I am not eating as many baked goods. Kind of sad though....
-- I watched all four sessions of General Conference last weekend and loved them all. I only got tired at the end of the Saturday afternoon session but still took excellent notes and will be receiving my 1 lb bag of M&Ms.
-- We had an activity at FHE tonight where a paper was passed around for each person and we wrote nice things about each other. Nice notes always make me feel good inside...especially when one says "dateable." Althought that was followed by "haha" so I'm not quite sure how to take it.......haha
-- I'm going back to Washington for Thanksgiving for a few days and then flying wayyyyyy across the country to see off my cousin, Kimberly, who will leave on a mission soon
-- I attended an ABBA-mania concert with Whitney...that experience could be a blog in itself
-- A "good news minute" from my roommates....I have not tried to bake black bean brownies...yet
-- I treated myself to some frozen custard this weekend
-- Rexburg weather has been fairly agreeable for being October...it was 70 on Sunday and perfect for our picnic!
-- For picnic (see comment above) I made pulled pork sandwiches. They were super easy! I got up at 5:00 am and stuck 3 lbs of pork loin in the crockpot, poured a 20 oz bottle of root beer over them, turned it on low and went back to bed. After 6 hours of cooking I pulled the pork and dumped in a bottle of BBQ sauce, let it heat a few minutes and it was ready to serve....best part was that we had leftovers and I can have it for lunch for the rest of the week :)
-- I had my eyebrows waxed for the very first time (thank you Jamie)
-- I'M GETTING MARRIED!
-- I have lots of inside jokes with my roommates...see above comment for one prime example.
-- Whitney has not pulled any more shower escapades
-- I have many friends that are serving missions for the church all over the world and I am blessed to know such great guys with the desire to serve and work hard
-- I get to share clothes with my roommates...although I think they wear more of mine than I do of theirs....
-- I get more backrubs here than at home (don't worry, not from boys)
-- I am illness free
-- All of my bones are whole and in the right locations
-- I went to the farmers market across the street and a very attractive BYU-Idaho student sold me some yellow pear tomatoes.
-- I have a lovely bed that is calling to me at the very moment so I think I will retire there for the night and start a crazy Tuesday tomorrow. If I were going to make a "bad news minute" one of the first things would definitely be that my classes start at 7:45 or 8:00 EVERY morning and my professors are not the cancelling class kind of professors.
Before I start ranting about other things I think it would be wise for me to end this note. Life is good :)
Loved your blog post!!! What a great way to write about the things going on in your life! I wonder which guy wrote "Datable"....hhmmm. Maybe I'll have to do some research! ;-) But then again you are getting married already and didn't even tell me! Geez! ;-) Thanks for coming over last night! It was way fun!!
ReplyDeleteAbigail! I saw your blog address on facebook and had to see what was up in your life. wow, it seems so amazing! Then i got down to I"M GETTING MARRIED and got so so so excited, even told my friend sitting next to me and then read the next post haha You got me good. Have such a wonderful semester! You deserve it. =)
ReplyDelete