Friday, December 14, 2012

Too Good

Sometimes life just gets a little too good for my own good.  Lately I've struggled so much with having to decide between way too many fantastic options.  As soon as I decide something, another great option pops up.  It's never ending!  And yesterday ANOTHER option was presented to me.

After work I decided to stop by the office of one of my professors to thank him for the semester and let him know I really enjoyed his classes (I had two from him...Kineseology and Health Appraisal and Prescription).  Well, right there, on the spot, he offers me a job working for him next semester!  I was slightly stunned because I didn't think things like that would ever happen to me.  A professor that likes me enough to offer me a job???  How do I get so lucky?!  Sadly, I had to turn it down because I already have two jobs on campus for winter semester and the school won't let me work on campus more than 20 hours.  Lame-o rules.  He did tell me to contact him at the end of the semester and see if he's looking for someone for spring because if there's an opening he would love to work with me.

I was thisssss close to taking it and leaving my beloved Admissions Office.  It would be GREAT to have an in with a professor who has lots of connections and resources which would really help me around graduation.  At least my second job for winter is with the Wellness Center on campus (I don't even remember if I've blogged about that or not....) and he does quite a bit with them and with our training so I will still be in contact with him throughout the semester. 

On a side note, I just aced my last final.  I seriously did NOT think it went that well as I was taking it.  There were quite a few questions where I went back and forth between two answers but I guess I got lucky and picked all the right ones this time!

Now on to packing and cleaning.....gotta love the end of the semester.

1 comment:

  1. Abigail, your stories are just awesome. Congratulations on the exciting job offer! That's going to be great for your future, I'm sure!
    -Lloyd

    ReplyDelete