Homemade Reese's Fast Breaks
Ingredients:
Homemade nougat (I made almond so that's what we used...I think I would prefer plain nougat if I did this again)
Peanut Butter
Powdered Sugar
Vanilla
Chocolate
Step 1: Mix together some peanut butter with some powdered sugar. I have no idea how much. Maybe a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio?? Just get the peanut butter so it's not sticky. It becomes playdoughy. Also throw in a few drops of vanilla because vanilla just makes everything taste better.
Step 2: Cut the nougat into whatever shape or size you want. We did a variety of rectangles and squares.
Step 3: Melt some chocolate and put a thin layer on a sheet of waxed paper. Set a piece of nougat on top and then make a rectangle of peanut butter and place it on the nougat.
Step 4: Take MORE chocolate and dollop on top. Use a spoon to smooth it around and down the sides.
Step 5: Take MORE MORE MORE chocolate (can you tell I love chocolate??) of a different color and drizzle over the top for a nice finishing touch.
Step 6: Just look at those insides. You're jealous, aren't you? We were pretty excited with the way they turned out. You will need a glass of milk handy, they're quite rich and even I, who can eat a seemingly endless amount of sweets, had to stop after one.
Step 7: Don't think about the calories you're consuming. It ruins the taste.

It is 6:17am (i am feeding Sierra) and you are making me want one of those pretty bad!!! They look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :) I just might have to find a chocolatey treat before going back to bed. Haha.
ReplyDeleteYUM! Send me one! :)
ReplyDelete