I kind of obsess about them and I know that's not a good thing. Every semester I try to be better and focus on learning instead of grades but I just can't. It's engrained in my brain that good grades equal success and I don't think it's leaving anytime soon.
With our online grade book I can see each grade for an assignment and how I compare to the rest of the class. If I'm not in the top few it's kind of a big deal. I can still get an A and be upset if everyone gets a higher A than me. Now, it's not like I have no life outside of my grades or this has totally consumed me, but I do take them seriously.
Let me tell you how this semester stacks up.
Looks like I have all As again, right? Wrong. The bottom three classes (Nutrition through the Life Cycle, Epidemiology, Foundations Capstone) require a 93% to get an A which I have surpassed. The top class- my baking class- requires a 95% for an A. Just short. I'm seriously hoping he rounds up the score. My fifth class (not pictured) is a mystery. He has given us NO grades/ feedback/ scores at any time in the semester so I'm going on faith that I did enough to get an A...I had one for midterms.
In other news, I am home, in Ohio, now and I have a million and a half things to do to prepare for Peru. The biggest would be mastering the Spanish language....
Blog Update 12/23-- Grades were posted yesterday and my professors were merciful :) 4.0 for the semester...can't do much better than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment