Desperate times call for desperate measures. I accidentally broke Brittany's bookshelf a few weeks ago and knew I had to find something to replace it. Blake and I found this beauty at the DI today!
Okay, so at first glance it definitely wasn't that beautiful . . . but it had potential. Plus it really was our only option. We made a pit stop at Walmart and picked up some paint and buttons (a last minute decision) then headed back to his apartment.
After painting the shelves we realized there was nothing on the sides to hold her DVDs in place . . . off to Porters!!! We got some balsa wood, painstakingly cut the boards to the right lengths, painted them, and used some hot glue magic. BAM! There are now edges to the shelf.
Next, I glued the buttons to the sides to add a little more color and pizazz.
And VIOLA!!!! An absolutely ugly aluminum shelf was turned into an adorable creation for Brittany's room.
Although we both had a blast with this little art project I don't plan on breaking any more of my roommate's things in the near future. Next time, maybe I'll make something I can actually keep. . .
Hahahahaahh whoops :) We meant well, we were only trying to accommodate our boys, who knew we would end up demolishing an entire bookshelf!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the new one! SOOOO cute! Good work Abigail and Blake, I am thoroughly impressed, and LOVE the buttons.
Now that I think about it, I have an ugly bookshelf in my apt, let's accidently break it and make a new one :)