Yesterday I went on my very first tandem bicycle ride and it was a blast!! I wish there was a video (besides my video in heaven of course) of us trying to get the bike going the first time. I'm sure it was quite a laughing matter. We managed to ride the bike all the way up the Rexburg hill and then into the great nothingness fields outside the city. On one street I saw six "slug bugs" in the space of about five minutes. Good thing I don't punch hard or Blake might have a bruise on his arm.
On our way back to Rexburg we biked though a bunch of neighborhoods and went right by a family out playing badminton in their yard. As we were passing the dad yelled at us asking if we wanted to challenge them...of course we flipped a u-ey and accepted the offer! Needless to say, we creamed them. I found out one of the little girl's names was Abigail and before we left I told her she better live up to her name. Her dad then said "oh she does!" I have no idea what that means....
Using google earth we calculated that we biked approximately 18 miles. That's pretty good for being almost the only physical activity I've done all semester and not even breaking a sweat.
No comments:
Post a Comment